Today the Vegas Golden Knights organization announced their 1st Annual “Spring Break Street Hockey Tour” that kicks off on the week of April 10th thru 15th with the 2nd “Try Hockey for Free” initiative in team history taking place on that Saturday.
The Golden Knights will be hosting the event at 6 different locations around the Vegas metro area and off the locations 5 of them are being held at the Clark County Parks and Recreation Centers in town.
At each location hosting the tour there will be street hockey stations along with the corn toss game and a Golden Knights inflatable shooting cage.
“The Spring Break Street Hockey Tour is a fun way to introduce the game of hockey to hundreds of kids throughout Clark County,” said Vegas Golden Knights Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer Nehme Abouzeid.
Spring Break gives the community the opportunity to get out and have fun from the mundane routine they go thru each and every day of the week. For the kids they get meet and interact with other children around and make new friends.
“It is a sport that keeps kids healthy and active through its emphasis on physical fitness and teamwork. For those who have never played hockey before, we think they will find it is a sport similar to others they have tried, like soccer, with an added element of hand-eye coordination. We hope the kids enjoy the activities and are excited for Golden Knights ice hockey to officially begin this fall.” Adds Abouzeid
2017 Spring Break Street Hockey Tour Schedule Courtesy Of The Golden Knights :
***(Please note Hockey Operations personnel are subject to change)***
Monday, April 10
- 10:30 am – 12 pm: Hollywood Recreation Center (1650 S Hollywood Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89142) with Vegas Golden Knights Senior Vice President Murray Craven
- 2 pm – 3:30 pm: Desert Breeze (8275 Spring Mountain Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89117) with Vegas Golden Knights Senior Vice President Murray Craven and Vegas Golden Knights Hockey Operations Assistant Keith Veronesi
Tuesday, April 11– West
- 10:30 am – 1 pm: Lied Clubhouse (2850 S Lindell Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89146) with Vegas Golden Knights Director of Hockey Operations Misha Donskov
Wednesday, April 12 – Northeast
- 2 pm – 3 pm: Walnut Recreation Center (3075 N Walnut Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89115) with Vegas Golden Knights Director of Hockey Operations Misha Donskov
Thursday, April 13 – Southeast
- 11 am – 12 pm: Cambridge Recreation Center (3930 Cambridge St, Las Vegas, NV 89119) with Vegas Golden Knights Senior Vice President Murray Craven
- 2 pm – 3 pm: Paradise Recreation Center (4775 S. McLeod, Las Vegas, NV 89121) with Vegas Golden Knights Hockey Operations Assistant Keith Veronesi
For the 2nd team this year the Las Vegas Ice Center will be hosting the “Try Hockey For Free” program on Saturday April 15th at 3:30 p.m. PT. Much like first one back on February 25th the event is to give kids 4-9 the opportunity to get out on the ice for the first time.
The Golden Knights organization has indicated that there will be a limited supply of hockey equipment on hand for kids to borrow during the “Try Hockey For Free” program so please arrive early to take advantage of the available gear.
Staff members from the Nevada Storm will be on site to assist in the learning experience for those kids interested in participating in the event.
TRY HOCKEY FOR FREE DAY INFORMATION
WHEN: Saturday, April 15 from 3:30 p.m. PT – 5:00 p.m. PT
WHERE: Las Vegas Ice Center (9295 West Flamingo, Las Vegas, NV 89147)
WHAT: The Vegas Golden Knights will support USA Hockey’s Try Hockey for Free Day by attending the event and distributing a USA Hockey jersey to the first 100 kids who participate
WHO: Vegas Golden Knights Hockey Operations Assistant Keith Veronesi
REGISTRATION INFORMATION: tryhockeyforfree.com/7685