Las Vegas–The Golden Knights have found their replacement in the franchises CMO post with Brian Killingsworth. This announcement by the organization comes weeks after Nehme Abouzeid left the hockey club to pursue other career opportunities.
With the season approaching bringing in Killingsworth was a huge move made by the organization since Abouzeid’s departure after the NHL Awards and Vegas Draft.
Killingsworth since being hired on has many duties to perform to get the team moving in the right direction that includes leading the club’s marketing and branding initiatives both at the local and global community level.
He will also take on the work tasked by Bill Foley to integrate and cross promote his other interests that include his domestic wineries companies and his Rock Creek resort properties in Montana and Idaho.
“We are thrilled to welcome Brian to the Vegas Golden Knights family,” said Vegas Golden Knights President Kerry Bubolz.
With Killingworth taking the reigns of the marketing department, Bubolz echoed what type of person they are getting to lead the team in that regard.
“Brian possesses an impressive marketing background highlighted by successful tenures in both the National Football League and Major League Baseball. His creativity, strategic thinking and overall vision will help drive our business forward and take our marketing efforts to new heights.” Bubolz added.
- 2 Years with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as their SVP/CMO
- Commanded 40 staff members with the Buccaneers in the following areas
- Digital Broadcasting
- Youth Programs
- Community Relations and Events and Entertainment
- 3 Seasons with the former St. Louis Rams as VP of Marketing and oversaw various tasking that includes the following
- Team’s Marketing efforts
- Marketing Operations
- Creative services
- Youth Programs
- Concerts Events
- also explored new revenue opportunities
- A decade of service with MLB’s Tampa Bay Rays as Senior Director of Marketing & Promotions and led these initiatives
- Digital and Social Media content for the team
It’s very clear that based on the accolades that Killingsworth bring to the Golden Knights they are in good hands going forward with their inaugural season just months away.